Weigh in results.
-2kg (how even?!)
Total loss: 6.6kg/10kg
I don’t know what’s going on with me lately. I’ve been grumpy. Moody. Irritable. Out of sorts if you will. The last month or so my moods have just been all over the shop. Food has always been something that’s quite comforting to me, even when it’s healthy and in healthy amounts. So I’ve been making treats. Low carb, sugar free treats.
Normally, I don’t let myself have too many, because even low carb sugar free treats are exactly that-they’re only meant for special occasions. However for the last few weeks, a wedge of cake or a cookie here and there has been making me feel better.
Perhaps when you’re feeling grumpy or down or out of sorts, you could make a couple of these and make yourself feel better. (Just make sure they stay inside your macro limit and you get some exercise afterwards)
I made this cake for my big sister’s birthday. She’s my role model and she deserves cake, but I had an ulterior motive. I wanted some. Good thing she’s always been good at sharing with her pain in the ass little sister.
Sugar Free Chocolate Fudge Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Thanks to ‘Low Carb Friends’ for this recipe. There was some slight tweakage and I halved the amounts.
4 cups almond meal
2 cups sugar sub of your choice
1/2 cup cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoons vanilla
1/3-cup coconut oil
1-cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 180C (350F) Grease up a baking pan.
In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and stir well.
Beat the eggs with the oil and the vanilla, and add to the dry ingredients along with the sour cream and mix well. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean and cake is firm to the touch.
Remove from the oven to a wire rack and cool completely.
Cream Cheese Icing
1/2 cup of plain cream cheese, 1/3 cup of heavy cream 1/4 cup of sugar sub, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract-Whip it up, whack it on!
Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
All recipe credit goes to ‘All Day I Dream About Food’ for this. No tweakage needed! You should check out her blog
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cups finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar sub
- 2 tsp molasses (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3.5 oz high % cacao chocolate (I used Lindt 90% cacao)
- For the cookies, preheat the oven to 160C (325F) and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with Sweetener and molasses. Beat in vanilla and egg until well combined. Beat in flour mixture until dough is well mixed.
- Stir in chopped chocolate
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Press each ball with the heel of your hand to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until just beginning to brown and barely firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.